Thursday, June 26, 2008

Progress Report ~ Cowboy Quilt


Yesterday I worked on finishing the top of the cowboy quilt. I got the border on and I think it looks pretty dang cute! It isn't big enough for his bed, but he already has a quilt on his bed. An I Spy quilt that my mom made for him! He loves that quilt, he likes to lay and look at all of the different things. Anyhow, this quilt is just a little bigger then lap size. A good size for a 3 year old to lay out on the floor and watch a movie on. I think he'll love it. He actually already does. He keeps wanting me to let him take it away so he can play with it. He doesn't really understand that it isn't done yet. I'm sure he'll be really happy when it's done. Anyhow, now I need to read up on how to finish a quilt. I'm not sure if I'm going to just tie it or if I'm going to attempt machine quilting it. I'm thinking just tie it, since this is my very first quilt, and I don't really know what I'm doing. Maybe I'll make the smaller version for Adam and machine quilt that for practice. Since it will be smaller and easier to control. We'll see.

The cowboy actually took a nap yesterday! Woohoo!!!! This doesn't happen too often, so when it does I'm more then okay with it! He was playing with a pillow and then all of a sudden I looked over at him and he just fell asleep on top of it in the middle of the living room right in front of the fan. I wasn't about to move him, never wake the beast! So, I had to get Adam up off of the floor, so that he didn't wake up his brother by crawling on top of him.

He wasn't too happy about that. haha... I actually had about 2 hours of quiet. Then Adam woke up from his nap, but Brandon slept on the floor without waking up for a little more then 3 hours! I love nap time.

No comments: