Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hi, my name is Cowboy!


This is how my three year old Brandon introduces himself to EVERYONE he meets. Whether we are at the store, at church, at the park, anywhere. He isn't afraid to talk to people, I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not, but he really does like just about everyone. Sometimes he'll say he's "Robot Cowboy" sometimes he is "Brandon Cowboy" it changes daily, but one thing that is always the same is that he is Cowboy. He hates going anywhere with out his boots and hat and even totes around a play gun (although I don't let him take it out of the car). Now that it is getting warm out he wears shorts most of the time and although I put his sandals on him in the morning, by afternoon he is always wearing his boots.

This past weekend, I was working on making some quilt blocks for a Heather Bailey quilt I decided to make on the spur of the moment. I love all of her fabrics and have lots of them, and wanted to make my first quilt without the help of my mom, who lives in California and is the best quilter I know, you can check out her blog http://colorfulquiltingworld.blogspot.com/. Anyhow, I was working on this quilt and Brandon Cowboy comes over and asks me what I'm doing. He loves quilts and pretty much all types of blankets, he has since he was a baby. He is the perfect child to give a quilt to, because he loves them so much. So, he said to me, "Mommy, I want a Cowboy quilt!" hmmm.... I thought, I do have some cowboy fabric, okay! I'll make you a cowboy quilt. So, I've been working on the cowboy quilt since Sunday and I almost have the entire top done. Just a few more rows to be added on and then the border and then I'll have to figure out how to finish it. (Like I said, this is the second quilt top I've worked on by myself. I'm not a quilter, don't know how to quilt, I do know how to piece, but not how to finish them. This is all an experiment for me! We'll see how it works out.)

I decided to do a simple nine patch block for his quilt, I think it looks pretty cute so far. The colors are really bright and the best thing about it is that is a Cowboy Brandon quilt! I have a few extra blocks left, so maybe I'll make a smaller version of this quilt for my almost 1 year old baby boy, Adam!


After all, he's a Cowboy too. "Cowboy Brother" actually.

No comments: