Saturday, June 28, 2008

Little Cowpoke



I can't believe that my baby is going to be one this week! It definitely doesn't feel like a whole year has gone by since he was born.



With the left over fabric squares from Brandon's Cowboy quilt, I decided to make Adam his own Cowboy quilt! I started making it yesterday afternoon and this is as far as I've gotten so far. I'm thinking I'll add one more row on the bottom and then a border and the quilt top will be done! Boy, what on earth am I going to do with three quilt tops!! I seriously need my mom to come and help me figure out how to finish them! Good thing she'll be here in a couple of weeks!


Isn't he so cute!? He's such a good baby!

So far he loves his quilt!! I added leftover strips of fabric in between each section of blocks. I think it looks pretty cute and it was a good way to use up that fabric. I don't like waste!! After I'm done with this top it looks like I'll have some extra blocks still. I didn't know how big of a quilt I was going to be making for Brandon, I didn't really have a pattern, I just started sewing, so when I was cutting out my fabric I cut out 4 inch squares out of all of the fabric. So I'll probably just keep those aside to make a scrap quilt to possibly donate. We'll see.

I got a call last night from someone from church he said they are having a potluck party tonight. Now I have to figure out what to bring! When Todd got home from work last night he said that they had told him about it last Sunday at church, but he failed to tell me this!! He also said that it is a birthday party for a 10 year old boy, which they didn't tell me on the phone! So, I guess I have to make something to bring as a gift too. Plus I have to make a treat for the Primary class I have to teach tomorrow. I've got a lots to do today!

1 comment:

Kim'sdad said...

Glad to see your a quilter like your momma.