Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Got Apples?


Our apple tree is overflowing with apples! We just started picking them this week and today I made my first pie of the season! It sure does look yummy!! I made this one for a neighbor of ours that brought us over a strawberry pie a few days ago. So, to bring back her pie pan, I made her an apple pie! I'll be making another one tonight for us for dessert. I would be sure to hear it from my husband and kids if I didn't make one for us! Here is the yummy recipe!
Dutch Apple Pie

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl. Combine 6 cups of peeled and sliced apples with ¾ cup sugar, 2 Tbl. Flour, 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/8 tsp. nutmeg. Mix well and pour into a pie shell (store bought or homemade).

Mix ½ cup flour and ½ cup brown sugar until it is a fine mix. Cut in 3 Tbl. Soft butter with a pastry cutter. Sprinkle mixture over pie and bake for 40 minutes. Check and if it needs to be covered with foil, do so and bake another 10-20 minutes.

No comments: