Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Fun Day!

We had lots of fun yesterday! In the morning Todd took Brandon out Dove hunting. They came back with lots of dead birds.

I wasn't too thrilled with the fact that Todd let Brandon hold them, but he was having fun and had a bath right after these pictures were taken.


Then we went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair, where I had entered a few things into the baking section. I got a few honorable mentions and two first places!! Here are my flour tortillas! Which were hard as a rock at that point!


And here are my Red Raspberry Brownie Cheesecake Squares. Not only did they win first place in their division which was cookie-other, they also got the Superintendent's Award for cookies! I was so excited!! This was a recipe that I created last year for the Pillsbury Million Dollar Bake-Off that didn't get chosen. So I was so happy to see them get recognized for how yummy they really are!! I kind of got teary eyed, I know, I'm a dork!


Among other things we did at the fair, Brandon rode the mechanical bull!! He had lots of fun!! He wasn't scared of that thing one bit!!


He is a true cowboy for sure! But you wouldn't be able to tell with this mohawk and vans. hehe.

1 comment:

Lori Jolley said...

Awesome Kim! Now you know we all want to taste those cookies! What a fun thing!